This week’s uses organic sweetcorn which is currently discounted 50% off with the lidlireland plus app. Taking bets as to how many of these posts it’ll take for Lidl to actually sponsor me.
You can use frozen or tinned sweet corn in this recipe, it makes no difference. You will need a decent pan for shallow frying them in. Oh and you could switch out the spring onion for red onion either.
1. Whisk your eggs and milk in a large bowl
2. Sift in the flour and seasoning and mix well to form a relatively stiff batter
3. Stir in your sweetcorn and onions and mix it all together. It should be relatively sticky and you should see the batter becoming almost stringy? Kinda like those marshmallow Rice Krispie square bars all the cool kids used to get for lunch and who definitely have fillings now✌️
4. Heat your oil in a good pan, deep enough for the fritters to shallow fry. You want this oil to be hot so when the batter hits it, it starts to cook immediately rather than soak up all the oil and clog your arteries when consumed
5. Using a ladle or a really big spoon, drop the batter in to the pan and flatten out a bit to make a circular shape
6. Fry maybe 4-5 at a time, flipping half way
7. Leave them on some kitchen roll to absorb any excess oil and serve