This is my first post which is an idea that came to me at 3am so bare with me here.
I love food shopping. I love all food supermarkets. I also love saving money and getting things on the cheap – if there is a discounted sticker on it, I am buying it.
So, once a week I will be bringing these offers to your attention and giving you a super simple recipe that uses the discounted product so you can get on that buzz.
This week’s ingredient is courtesy of the lidlireland plus app which I CANNOT recommend highly enough. 10 medium size eggs for €1.40. 10 eggs per bloke, per day. Stunning.
There are so many things I could do with the eggs. Any amount of baking, the carbonara recipe already posted on my page, a quiche, egg fried rice etc etc but to keep it simple and cheap I’ve chosen these Mini Breakfast Egg Muffins and if you’ve actually read this far down, fair play.
1. Preheat your oven to 180 and grease your muffin tin with oil or butter or a nonstick spray
2. Whisk your eggs, a small diced onion and some black pepper together
3. Divide your egg mixture amongst the holes in the muffin tin, filling each about 3/4 of the way bearing in mind that the eggs will rise in the oven
4. Prepare your topping ingredients and divide equally among the muffins. I’ve gone for ham & cheese, garlic mushroom & spinach and mozzarella, tomato & spring onion here but you could go with literally anything – chorizo, black pudding, pancetta, smoked salmon, red pepper, sundried tomato, chillis, the list is endless.
5. Bake them in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until risen and golden