Tagliatelle alla vodka/Gigi Hadid
For anyone who wants to make this pasta but does not have cream in their fridge/consumes too much cream as it is – this ones for you. You could actually make this vegan by just using vegan butter and milk or potentially coconut cream but I cannot vouch for that just yet.
1. Slice up all your veg and pancetta
2. In a small saucepan, heat some olive oil and sweat the onion and garlic cloves until soft
3. Add the whole plum tomatoes and crush them with either your hands or a potato masher does the job
4. Add some basil and cracked black pepper and bring to a simmer. Leave for at least a half an hour
5. Take you milk out of the fridge and leave 50ml to cool to room temperature. Melt your butter to a liquid
6. In a saucepan of boiling water with lots of salt, cook your tagliatelle until it’s almost fully cooked. Drain and save the pasta water
7. On a low heat, cook your pancetta so it releases its fat. Then fry the mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes with it
8. Mix the warmed milk and melted butter together in a cup and add to the pan, stirring continuously
9. Add the tomato sauce, a shot of vodka, some more basil and some grated Parmesan
10. Stir vigorously and add some tbsp of the pasta water and tagliatelle. Keep stirring until the sauce emulsifies.