Sweet Potato & Sausage Breakfast Patties
I’m not a huge fan of breakfast but these are really easy to make ahead of time for meal prep and you can change them up to add ingredients like spinach, onions, cheese, parma ham or even normal potatoes if you prefer.
1. Boil/steam your sweet potatoes until you can easily mash them with a form
2. Squeeze the sausage meat out of it’s casings and in to a bowl
3. add some chopped shiitake mushrooms, chopped chives, onion powder, sage and the salt & pepper
4. Mix the sausage mixture and mashed sweet potatoes together in a bowl
5. Heat some oil in a pan over a medium heat until it’s hot
6. With your hands, take some of the sausage & potato mixture and mould in to a burger patty shape. Thicker ones will take longer to cook on the pan so try make them thinner if possible.
7. Cook in the pan on each side until golden brown and cooked through – 5-8 minutes each side