Satay Turkey Skewers
I used turkey mince here but you could use diced turkey or chicken and it would still be graaaand. For cooking I used a griddle pan but a grill, oven or even a George foreman would work!
Also soak your skewers in water before cooking so they don’t burn
Aaaand lastly my phone won’t stop capitalising turkey because apparently the country>the meat
1. Combine all the turkey marinade ingredients in a saucepan and cook over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer and let reduce for 6-8 minutes
2. Remove from the heat and allow to cool fully
3. Form meatball type shapes with the Turkey mince except you want them to be a bit longer and thinner
4. Toss the turkey in the marinade to coat and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes
5. For the satay dipping sauce, sweat the garlic, chilli and shallot in a small saucepan over a medium heat until soft. Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir, and lastly squeeze in the lime juice.
6. Add 120ml water and stir. Cook for 10 minutes to reduce and leave to one side
7. Thread the turkey pieces on to the skewers (3-4 on each)
8. Heat a griddle pan/grill/BBQ and brush with oil
9. Cook the skewers on each side for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Baste in the left over marinade as you go
10. Serve with the satay sauce