Nduja baked meatballs in tomato and garlic sauce with cheese (as you can see)
Back with another for this week and lidlireland plus app has meatballs discounted from tomorrow so here we are.
This is my first nduja recipe which is honestly incredible considering it has taken the boujee cooking world by storm. Got some in toonsbridge as well as some stunning parmigiana and mozzarella.
1. Heat a dry pan over a high heat (you’ll be cooking the meatballs on this so you want it to be really hot and dry because the mince will release lots of oil and fat)
2. Season your meatballs with some pepper if you feel like it and add to the pan. You want them to go nice and brown on all sides.
3. Dice up your onion and sweat in a pan with some olive oil over a medium heat
4. Add the nduja (there is a decent kick off this so if your ma, like my ma, is gonna struggle to eat it maybe hold off on the second spoon?) garlic and some rosemary if you have it
5. Once the onions are nice and soft, add in the tomato purée, plum tomatoes, basil, salt & pepper and leave to simmer for a half hour or so
6. Put the meatballs in an oven proof dish and coat with the tomato sauce
7. Grate some Parmesan, mozzarella and cheddar on top and add some extra basil
8. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is all melted
I usually just have this with some thick cut bread to be honest but obviously you can have it with spaghetti 🍝