Mushroom, spinach and cream cheese lasagne roll ups
You can use dried lasagne sheets here if you want but you’ll have to boil them until they go soft first orrr just use fresh ones.
I used a really small casserole dish that my mam had for this but anything deep and small enough for the pasta to stand and not fall over in will do the trick. Also needs to be able to go in the oven, obviously
1. Boil your pasta if you need to
2. Slice up all your veg
3. Bring your tomatoes, onion, 2 cloves of garlic, oregano and basil to a low simmer and cover for about 20 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper
4. Fry your mushrooms with some garlic and spinach over a medium heat and once they’ve softened, pour in a glass of white wine and turn the heat up to high until most of it has evaporated off
5. Pour half the tomato sauce mixture in to the bottom of whatever dish you’re using
6. Take your first lasagne sheet and smooth some cream cheese on to it, making sure it goes out to the edges because it’ll help the pasta stick in its shape.
7. Spoon some of the mushroom mixture along the short side of the sheet and then roll the sheet up from the shorter side so it’s a thick roll. Lay it flat and slice it in half to make two shorter rolls. Place these standing in your dish.
8. Repeat the process until all your pasta and mushroom mix has been used
9. Pour the rest of your tomato mixture over the standing rolls evenly and top with the pesto and cheese
10. Cook in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted. In an ideal world now there wouldn’t be too much uncovered pasta sticking out because that’ll just go dry and crispy in the oven.