I was supposed to post this at peak time for reach but I forgot again so plz like it out of sympathy :))
Sticky chilli prawns with chorizo and peppers 🍷
The sauce on these prawns is literally the best sauce in the world. It’s so rich and so flavourful. It’s amazing. If you want it fairly spicy just add a bit more sriracha than I have. I’d usually serve with some crusty bread.
Get the biggest prawns you can find at a fish mongers if you really want to splash out. If not, Lidl do decent frozen prawns in the freezer for a lotttt cheaper
1. If your prawns are frozen, cover them in cold water in a bowl and let them thaw for about a half hour.
2. Marinade your prawns in some olive oil, chilli, paprika, salt and pepper for another half hour or so
3. Dice your brown onion and slice up your peppers and chorizo
4. Heat some oil in your pan over a medium heat and then add two sticks of butter and stir
5. Add the garlic and mix, not allowing the garlic to burn
6. Add your marinating prawns to the pan and fry off
7. Add the chorizo and pepper to the pan after 5 minutes and fry for another 5 minutes
8. Start to add the sauce ingredients to the pan once the prawns look almost cooked. Start with the sweet chilli, then the Worcestershire, the soy sauce and finally the sriracha
9. Add salt and pepper to taste
10. Leave to simmer for 5-10 minutes
11. Remove from heat and serve with spring onions on crusty bread