Honey, Garlic & Chilli Chicken
🔪Sweet, sticky & spicy
1. Marinade the diced chicken at room temperature in honey, soy sauce, sriracha, chilli and some garlic – enough to coat the chicken evenly for minimum 30 minutes
2. Heat a pan of veg oil, enough to shallow fry and hot enough that a wooden spoon sizzles when you dip it in
3. Dip your diced chicken pieces in cornstarch and then drop them straight in to the oil until they crisp up. Take your time, don’t tip them all in at once. Go on rotation. Leave them to sit on some kitchen roll when done.
4. In another pan over med heat mix the sweet chilli, soy sauce, sriracha, honey, white wine vinegar and sesame oil (adjust amounts to your taste but generally a few tbsp of each)
5. When the sauce mix bubbles and thickens a bit add some more garlic and the peppers and onions. Fry the veg off.
6. If you want more sauce, continue to add more tbsps of the ingredients above
7. Add the chicken and toss until coated and heated through
8. Serve with some sesame seeds and chopped spring onion