Crispy Turmeric Chicken with Yellow Pepper and Lime 🍴
This is literally the handiest thing to cook ever. Fleshy cuts of chicken like skin on and bone in thighs do best here because of the fat and flavour so use them if you can. Also turmeric is apparently a superfood so there you go now – The elixir of life.
1. Rub a good mix of turmeric, cumin and salt into your chicken and allow to rest at room temp for minimum 20 minutes
2. Heat some olive oil over a high heat in a pan and cook the chicken for 30 seconds each side before turning the heat down to medium
3. Slice up your pepper, chop up your coriander and slice your lime in to quarters
4. When your chicken is almost cooked (could be up to 40 minutes for big oyster thighs – just make sure the juice of the chicken runs clear when you pierce it with a knife or fork) fry off your pepper in the same pan. Add some black pepper and coriander to season
5. After 5-8 minutes, remove from the heat and serve with a squeeze of lime over the top and some fresh coriander for the aesthetic
Literally how handy can one dinner be.