Coconut and chilli steamed chicken broth This is my cooking entry for ‘s cook…
Coconut and chilli steamed chicken broth
This is my cooking entry for innocentireland ‘s cook off using their new dairy-free milks. The prize is a kitchen-aid which I would probably sleep in if I won it so light your candles plz. I’ve used the coconut milk here and you could easily sub the chicken out for tofu or a meat alternative to make the meal completely vegan.
1. Bring the coconut milk, chicken stock, sriracha, lemongrass, ginger, red chillis and coriander in a saucepan to the boil, stirring all the time
2. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add your chicken breasts.
3. Leave simmer for 5 minutes with the lid on and then remove from the heat and allow the steam in the saucepan to continue cooking the chicken for another 25 minutes or so.
4. Blanch your green beans in some salted water
5. Remove your chicken from the pot and shred with two forks
6. Serve your broth with the chicken, beans, sesame seeds and coriander as you like